Sunday 24 January 2010

The importance of family


Wow! This Friday was really an unexpected day! My father came to Singapore to visit my mother and I without informing us. He is always a man of surprise.

Most of the times my father was busy with his works and he works in Taiwan so he do not have time to visit us. My father was separated from us in different country for a long period and we could only reunite every half a year. Therefore, we doubly cherish every single moment when we all get together.“The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other”
On this Saturday my father decided to bring us to tourist attractions in Singapore.
We flipped through magazines about Singapore and finally made our decision,Singapore Jurong Bird Park, the largest and most remarkable bird park in Southeast Asia.

Filled with indescribable exhilaration, we went on this exciting trip.

Once we reached, sense of ecstasy coursed through my veins, we were greeted with the tropically styled entrance with verdant added sense of serenity. Furthermore, we saw hundreds of pinkish red flamingos standing in a graceful posture and were like noble women, trying to show off their luxurious clothes.

Later on, we went to watch an intriguing show, Birds and Buddies. The performances of the beautiful bird were interesting and funny. A vibrant parrot imitated the sounds of cats and dogs. Morover, it sang in three languages, showing its brilliance in imitation. The macaws then flew through hoops and even tinier holes. What a stunning show!

We went around the bird park and treasured every moment. Even though we walked a lot but we never felt tired and wore a façade of exuberance. However, time flew past in a blink of an eye, we concluded the day trip after having an ice cream cone there. Well, good things will all come to an end, isn't it?

This Saturday was truly a meaningful day and I loved these special moments with my family. We love this bonding moments and I think one should always treasure their family, we don't choose our family. They are God's gift to us, as we are to them.
However, today would be perfect if the bird droppings did not fall on to me while I was walking around. Probably I should bring an umbrella when I visit there in the future. It would indubitably be a good protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment