Sunday 17 January 2010

A Lesson


I was busy packing up for the swimming test early in this morning.
Well, this was not the first time taking the test, but I was quite worried about it.
Once I arrived at the swimming complex, the anxiety really intensified.
I walked around to kill time but all of a sudden, I slipped and fell on the solid concrete floor. Ouch! It really hurt and worse still everyone’s eyes were fixated on me. I blushed like a huge tomato and without any delay I rushed into the toilet to hide.
How embarrassing...
Later on, trouble struck me again. The examiner reminded us to wear the tee-shirt beneath our pyjamas (for survival skills).What! A tee-shirt! I didn’t bring an extra tee-shirt. The only one that I have now was the one that I wore. A wide array of chaotic thoughts spun in my head and my brow creased .How was I going to get home with my tee-shirt completely drenched?
However, before I could think of any solution, the test began. So I went into the cool water with my tee-shirt on…
I felt relaxed during the test all thanks to the continuous practice for three months which helped me to improve my stamina.
The test was a breeze and I was awarded the Gold rank! I was extremely happy about this brilliant achievement. Nevertheless, I still have to solve the problem of not having an extra shirt. After racking my brain for ten minutes, the only solution that I could figure out was to cover myself with my towel and got on to a cab as quickly as possible. Then of course get home immediately. This would hugely reduce the chances of embarrassment.
Today was a memorable day and I learnt a good lesson- It is better to be over prepared than not prepared at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment